Asking the Readers: Where Do You Find Washing Soda?

8:44 AM Posted by Centsible Mommy


In response to my Thrifty Tips Tueday post "Saving on Laundry Expenses"

Songbirdtiff said... (I have to mention her fabulously frugal tip on making a slipcover that she has posted on her blog too! )

"I would love to know if there is a good way to get washing soda since it's not sold in my area. I've looked everywhere!"


Have you bought washing soda? What stores carry it? Or, what are some alternatives to washing soda?


For example, I have heard (it's seems like it may have been in Chemistry class) if you heat up baking soda to 145 degrees or higher the elements change and become that of washing soda's, but I couldn't find a credible source online for that and do not know if it's true. Anybody else ever hear that or can provide me a source. Or maybe you have a homemade laundry detergent recipe that uses other ingredients besides washing soda?


Take a moment to help Tiffany out!


Thanks for your help!


Jamie

1 guests said:

  1. Tiffany said...

    Hey! That's me! I can't wait to hear the responses. :) BTW, I'm putting your new button on my blog.