Savings Saturdays: Share Your Savings Story!

1:35 AM Posted by Centsible Mommy


It's that time again! It's Saturday and time to brag about all your centsible conquests for this past week.

What samples/freebies/subscriptions did you receive in your mailbox this week?

What coupons did you use and how much did you save?

Did you find some in store savings or online bargains?

Was someone so impressed with your couponing and savings abilities, they asked for you to divulge your secrets?

How were you Centsible this week? Tell us all about it!


My Savings

As for my savings, I saved $78.92 using coupons this week (be sure to sign up for Cents Off if you haven't already and print 67+ coupons here), and scored some free Thomas Trains from Toys R Us as well. I got a great deal on a bike using a coupon combined with a sale price. I got a $50 check from Revolution Money Exchange, got some free movie rentals-we had a free movie night. Hollywood video sent out a mailer with 2 coupons for a combined 3 free movies. Were you lucky enough to get that one??? Hope so.

And I still got loads of coupons for freebies and deals to use for the upcoming week!

I also had a cashier at Wal-Mart ask me to please tell her I managed to save all that cash, so I wrote down the address to this blog. She said she had never seen anybody work coupons like that before in her 3 years at Wal-Mart! It made me very proud of my frugalness and I was equally glad to be of help to her too!

I fed a family of four at a restaurant for $3 using coupons!

I also received lots of goodies in the mail, loads of free magazines, some nivea lotion, and lots more! Click here to see some of the other things I received.


Isn''t being frugal fabulous? Haven't tried being frugal yet? C'mon give it a go, you'll love it!

2 guests said:

  1. Anonymous said...

    Yesterday I saved $20 at walmart using coupons. I bought a box of Honey Bunches of Oats for 1.98 and had a coupon for 2.00 so I made .02 on that! The lady behind me asked where I got so many coupons and I told her online, she was a little disappointed because she was older and didn't do the internet. I also got my coupon for free dog food at petsmart, let's just hope my girls don't decide that is the only food they'll eat cause it is 10.99 for 5lbs!!

    For online deals I look on bradsdeals.com. I just look everday at the deals and store coupons he has. I love it, you never know what you might find. I found a tripod for free once (no shipping or anything) and 3 smoke detectors with batteries for $20.

    Thanks for all the savings!

  2. Brianne said...

    Nice work. I'm impressed. This week I got my free subscription to Golf Digest in the mail. The hubby is super excited.